I find myself in many situations where I desperately look to every corner, with my back up against the wall. No escape and no way out, my options have ceased to exist. Overwhelmed by the dreaded sensation of defeat, seconds away from drowning myself in the ocean of futile tears I had cried over the tiniest milestone I had come across in the process of conceptualizing ideas for our latest Varsity project (most probably a task involving dreamweaver)..I get a grip of myself, wipe away the “snot and tranne”, take that last sip of redbull remaining, my only lifeline for the rest of my morbid journey, walk to the mirror (fix my mascara) and ask myself:
“What are your choices when someone puts a gun to your head? You do what they say or they shoot you.? Wrong. You take the gun, or you pull out a bigger one. Or, you call their bluff. Or, you do any one of a hundred and forty six other things. If you can’t think for yourself, maybe you’re not cut out for this.”
Guns-a-blazing I walk back into the deathtrap, stare my enemy in the eye (or most likely my macbook screen with retina display, because mac is just THAT good..) and in my best King Leonidas impersonation (300), I declared:
WHAT WOULD HARVEY DO?
Harvey Specter is man after my own heart. Not only one of the best lawyers New York City has to offer, but the best closer in the business. His impeccable Tom Ford suits; his mystery; his tenacious brood and alluring smile all make for a scrumptious man. However it is not his indisputable suave façade that creates the desire for all men to aspire to be him, and all women to perspire when with him. Lets review the facts:
- Harvey is a collector. The line of autographed basketballs which are displayed on his windowsill represents that he is friends with and represents athletes. I mean, he has Michael Jordan on his speed dial. Harvey takes pride in this, he IS the man of the town, he’s connected.
- Harvey’s shelves of records. He uses music to mellow out and think. According to Gabriel Macht (that guy who pretends to be Harvey), “He’s a jazz man and a blues man, those are his staples. But he’s got so many records there, he must listen to everything … His vast knowledge of obscure music marries well with his mental library of obscure facts.” Simply he is cultured.
- Harvey’s desk has no drawers. Strange, right, because you’d think a man like Harvey would have things he’d need to hide. That’s why he hired Donna, the best PA in the firm. Of course this makes Harvey attractive, as he acknowledges that women are just more resourceful then men. This makes Harvey, chivalrous.
- Harvey is a movie buff. Trading movie quotes with his associate Mike Ross, has become somewhat of a tradition in the duration of their escapades. So, not only is Harvey the perfect date, but playful.
- Harvey has a heart, despite his protests. He’s tough as nails, but he’s fair. He has a huge heart, but displays it behind everybody’s back. He doesn’t want anyone to mistaken his kindness for weakness, but we all know, he is principled.
- Lastly and most importantly, is his respect and obligation to Jessica Pearson the Managing Partner of his Law Firm, Pearson Hardman. Jessica put Harvey through Harvard Law School, and paid special attention to his journey towards his current position as Senior Partner of the firm. Harvey is truly selfless in his struggle to Protect Mike Ross and dedicated to his 100% success rate at Pearson Hardman. Loyal and Dedicated doesn’t even begin to describe this man.
Specter is an anagram for Respect.FACT
He is not any man, he is THE MAN
Batman and Robin can eat their hearts out. Harvey Specter and Mike Ross are conquering evil without the heavy artillery and Batmobile. They are armed with their intelligence, wit and perseverance. The proof is in the pudding..watch and learn: